The GSO has limited discretionary funding available each year to sponsor OHSU events that are designed to enrich the graduate student community. All registered graduate students of the OHSU School of Medicine (SOM) or OHSU affiliates are eligible to request funding; however, the event MUST be open to all SOM graduate students. Please read the instructions below to apply for funding if you would like your event to be considered for GSO sponsorship.
Instructions for submitting a funding request
- Before you apply: you must be a registered graduate student with the OHSU School of Medicine (SOM) or an OHSU affiliate and your event MUST be open to all SOM graduate students.
- Please download and complete the following form to apply for funding.
- The standard limit of financial support is set at $200, though this amount is subject to negotiation based on the event.
- After completing the form, please send it to the GSO. Funding request forms must be received the Monday prior to the GSO meeting at which the Facilitator will present the request.
- Facilitator(s) must attend the GSO meeting to present their funding request. The request will be voted on by the attendees at the meeting to grant sponsorship.
- If sponsorship is granted, it is the Facilitator’s responsibility to inform the GSO officers on all details related to the event, including flyers for advertising the event and total monies spent.